Thursday, October 28, 2010

Telecentres – he is how to push the boundaries

You have already seen ice cream corns under an umbrella. I now present to you telecentre services under an umbrella. Yes, we have wheels too for mobile.

I found this innovative model in the suburbs of Monrovia, Liberia. The owner, Robert explained to me how it works. He provides a wide range of secretarial services - typesetting, scanning, ID cards, lamination etc. I asked Robert what happens on rainy afternoon - which is often, by Monrovia weather. You see the little kiosk on the right on the photo? Well, he runs with the telecentre inside there. Good that it’s also fitted with wheels for maximum mobility. Check out the power generator in the background. It is turned on demand only.

When it rained the next day, I went back to see Robert - in the middle of the heavy pour. The second photo is what I found. The Umbrella is covering the power generator the rest is sheltered somewhere else.

Next time you think of a telecentre - you can think outside the box

No comments:

Post a Comment